You can now download Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD’s advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences. Create, capture, and share your remarkable moments. Effortlessly boost performance and efficiency. Experience Radeon Software with industry-leading user satisfaction, rigorously-tested stability, comprehensive certification, and more.
We have a discussion thread open on these drivers here. We also have an article ready here with some added info on some of the new enhancements.
The 17.7.2 driver will further advance and amplify AMD’s industry-leading software to unlock high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences, for gamers and game developers.
Radeon Software 17.7.2 builds upon AMD’s promise to gamers of industry-leading features, supercharged performance and rock-solid stability with the following advances:
- Introduction of the Enhanced Sync, a display technology that helps increase gameplay responsiveness and decrese tearing. It also provides up to 34 percent lower latency and 92 percent lower frame variance when tested with Overwatch.
- Significant upgrades to Radeon Chill that interactively regulates framerate and now supports close to 40 of the world’s greatest games and is available for laptops, multi-GPU and Radeon XConnect-capable systems. Radeon Chill now offers extended battery life in the HP Omen by 30 percent when using Radeon Chill on the very high settings with the game League of Legends.
- Radeon WattMan comprehensive control has also been upgraded with power state controls and memory under clocking for either increased performance or improved power savings.
- Improved Game Responsiveness by reducing driver overhead which resulted in up to 31 percent (50ms) quicker response time with Tom Clancy’s The Division
Radeon Software 17.7.2 is packed with even more features for gamers, including Frame Rate Targeting Control that limits frame rate and saves power with DirectX 12 and multi-GPU support, the reintroduction of refined color controls with Per-Display Color Controls and Radeon Settings, a redesign of most of the features found within the Catalyst Control Center.
New Features and Improvements
- Radeon Additional Settings has been retired and its previously supported controls for Switchable Graphics, Color Depth and Pixel Format have all been moved into Radeon Settings.
- Now supports bitrates up to 100Mbps for recording or capturing.
- Added new controls for camera transparency.
- Optimized memory usage for lower overhead while recording or capturing.
- Added new notifications for Instant Replay Saving, Recording Timers in Overlay Toolbar and Network Connectivity Issues when streaming.
- Enhanced Audio Controls: Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition now has support for customizable microphone volume controls, audio boost for captured replays and push to talk (mouse + keyboard) support for microphone.
- Now supports DirectX®12 and Vulkan. For more details on new and supported games visit http://www.radeon.com/chill.
- Now supports Multi-GPU.
- Now supports Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
- Now supports Radeon XConnect Technology system configurations.
- Enhanced Sync is a display technology which helps minimize screen tearing while decreasing latency and stuttering at an unlocked frame rate. Enhanced Sync is available in Radeon Settings Game Manager under the Wait for Vertical Refresh drop down menu.
Per-Display Color Controls
- Per-Display Color Controls are now available through the Display tab of Radeon Settings allowing users to configure Brightness, Hue, Contrast and Saturation.
- Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 features optimizations for improved gaming responsiveness in DirectX®9 and select DirectX®11 gaming titles.
- Now supports memory underclocking.
- Now supports power state controls.
Frame Rate Target Control
- Now supports DirectX®12 and Multi-GPU.
- Shader Cache is now supported for select DirectX®9 titles.
Radeon Software Vanguard Beta Program
- The Radeon Software Vanguard Beta Tester program aims at opening a channel for selected participants to work directly with AMD, giving a voice and platform to share their passion for Radeon Software. For more information about Radeon Software Vanguard program visit www.Radeon.com/Vanguard.
Radeon.com Feedback and Feature Voting
- Radeon Software feedback and feature voting has been updated. Visit www.radeon.com/feedback to provide Radeon Software feedback and vote on future Radeon Software features.
- Mass Effect™: Andromeda may experience incorrect colors when using an HDR display and a secondary SDR display connected in extended mode.
- Fan speeds when using Radeon WattMan may remain elevated and not drop back to idle states after 3D workloads.
- Some video playback applications may experience stutter in fullscreen with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled.
- Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
- Radeon ReLive may experience recording or streaming issues when task switching using ALT+TAB.
- Radeon WattMan fan settings may reset to defaults on Radeon Software upgrade to 17.7.2.
- Tekken™ 7 may experience a crash (Chapter 13) on some Radeon RX 380 Series graphics products.
- GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
- 4x Multi-GPU system configurations may fail to enable AMD CrossFire technology mode due to a missing toggle in Radeon Settings.
- Some protected content applications may experience an HDCP error code while playing BluRay content. A workaround is to unplug and re-plug the connected display or turn the display off and then back on.