Apple is ready to release the iOS 10 Beta 5 to developers and eager users to test out just a week after Beta 4 came out. This is probably going to be one of the last Beta releases of iOS 10 before Apple releases the “Gold master” build in time for WWDC 2016.
Beta 5 will hit current Beta 4 users as an over-the-air update. You can check a detailed PDF (source below) of what’s changed and what the still known bugs are. Here’s a handy list for those in a rush.
- Apple ID password login is no longer required following a reboot for App Store purchases
- New lock sound and enhanced keyboard sounds
- Devices will no longer “panic” when using iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case
- Third party apps are now able to play Music even if the Music app has been removed
- No more dropouts using Bluetooth LE-based hearing aids with an iPhone that’s also paired with an Apple Watch
- After enabling speaker during a call, subsequent calls will no longer use speaker by default
- Pass update banners will no longer fail to show unless previous pass notifications are first cleared from Notification Center
- Easier camera launch from the lockscreen
- Smaller current date from the homescreen
Naturally, Apple has also cleared numerous minor bugs and has further tightened the screws around the iOS 10 ship.