The Jio GigaFiber broadband service was announced officially in mid-August under the name of JioFiber by Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL), and it will begin commercial services in India from September 5. The Jio GigaFiber broadband is part of a combination of three services – broadband, TV and fixed-line connection by Jio. It is set to be the biggest product that could help Jio venture into the home entertainment space and millions in India want to know how to book Jio GigaFiber and know about Jio GigaFiber plans.
What is Jio GigaFiber broadband?
The GigaFiber broadband service, now known as JioFiber, will offer minimum network speeds of 100Mbps and go all the way up to 1Gbps.
Read on to know how to book Jio GigaFiber for your home or work.
Jio GigaFiber plans price
The affordable Jio GigaFiber plans cost one-tenth of global rates.
The Jio GigaFiber price ranges from Rs 700 per month all the way up to Rs 10,000 per month.
This should be enough reason for you to start checking how to book Jio GigaFiber broadband connection.
Cities which will get Jio GigaFiber broadband
JioFiber will initially be available in select cities in India most metro cities and tier-2 and tier-3 cities will get the broadband connection. You can now book Jio GigaFiber in the following cities:
- Port Blair
- –and a few more states.
JioFiber installation charges
JioFiber will not come with installation charges. The box will be installed for free at your place. However, Jio will charge a security deposit of Rs 2,500 which is refundable.
How to book Jio GigaFiber
Here’s a step-by-step guide to the JioFiber registration process:
1. Go to the Jio GigaFiber official website to book a High-Speed Internet Connection for your township or society.
2. You will be asked to enter your location for your JioFiber broadband connection and select whether it is a home connection or a work connection.
3. The Jio GigaFiber official website will then ask you to enter your address, email, name and mobile number.
4. A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent which you have to enter on the official website to complete your Jio Fiber verification.
5. Once the verification is done, the official website will display a message stating that the Jio company will get in touch for any additional updates.
Beware of scam mails!
As per a tweet by the volunteers working for online safety, people are getting emails from scammers during the Jio GigaFiber booking process asking for the user’s bank account details in the name of JioFiber subscription.
The phishing email that comes while you are trying to book a Jio GigaFiber connection shows an image which says ‘GigaFiber Activation Request Received’. If you click on it, it will take you to a duplicate site which looks like the Jio GigaFiber official website with the same colours and fonts.
The fake site asks for the user’s details, including the details of the bank account. Make sure you do not enter your details without re-checking if it is the Jio GigaFiber official website or not!