Last year, Blizzard announced plans to improve Overwatch’s Highlights feature by allowing players to save and export them. This feature has still not been delivered, but Blizzard now assures that it has not been forgotten. Writing in the game’s forums, director Jeff Kaplan said the save/export feature for Highlights is the current focus one of the smaller development “strike teams” on the wider Overwatch team.
“The team is working extremely hard on this and has been for months. Expect more details early this summer,” Kaplan said.
Currently, Overwatch archives five Highlights per session, but these are erased when you exit the game. Players of course have found other ways to capture, record, and export their Overwatch gameplay, but having the ability to do this from inside the game should be a nice feature.
We’ll report back with more details on Overwatch’s save/export feature for highlights as they’re announced.
Kaplan addressed other topics in the Overwatch forums. Here’s a rundown of some of the things he said:
- They are considering a Gun Game-type mode
- Sombra’s sitting emote is coming in the next major content update
- Competitive Season 4 will come to a close at the end of May, with Season 5 kicking off at the start of June
- Blizzard is considering changes to the kill feed
- The latest Overwatch PTR patch is still being tested, and Kaplan said the team looking to change Orisa’s damage. Overall, however, the update is looking “mostly OK with things minus a few bugs.” [Source: gamespot]